The world has finite resources, and looking after this little green and blue planet and all the creatures who depend on it, is in everyone’s interests. We’re really keen to keep our little business as sustainable as possible, and being careful, conscious and eco-friendly photographers is at the core of what we do. Here are just a few of the things we’ve put in place, day-to-day, to make sure our photography business doesn’t impact the environment in a harmful way…
- We run a 100% paperless office. All contracts, paperwork and bookkeeping are completed online, and we save any wedding lists and todo’s to our iPhones.
- We only use FSC approved paper in our products and materials, so that the very rare time we do print anything, it’s sustainable.
- Every single battery we use in our camera and flashes are rechargeable batteries.
- Our lovely wooden USB boxes and packaging are mostly recycled goods, such as biodegradable paper, locally sourced hessian and acid free tissue paper.
- All of our favourite film cameras were all reclaimed, restored or refurbished by hand.
- The albums we offer are eco-friendly, U.K made (including option of vegan leather covers) and made using naturally occurring inks instead of man made chemicals.
- We use UPS carbon-neutral shipping on all albums as standard.
- We prefer to use Skype / FaceTime to meet wherever possible. This way, we can get to know our couples really well without having to travel half-way across the country for a coffee…
- We work from home which means there’s no additional lighting, heating or energy wasted on commuting. The downside is unrestricted access to unlimited tea and biscuits…
- From March 2016, we’re so proud to say all of our prints and framed products are made in-house, on a professional pigment ink printer. This means as well as saving on carbon emissions from regular deliveries and shipping, we also have full control over which papers and inks we can use, giving us full accountability for the entire process, from shooting to printing to shipping. The extra benefit is that we can also carefully optimise each and every single print; which means that your prints will look even better than ever as well as being more friendly for the environment. Everybody wins!