I’m really keen to keep this little business as sustainable as possible, and being an eco friendly wedding photographer is very important to me. Here’s are just a few of the things I do to make sure what I do doesn’t impact the environment in a harmful way…
- I run a 100% paperless office! All contracts + paperwork are completed online, and I save any wedding lists and todo’s to my iPhone.
- I only use FSC approved paper so that the rare time I do print any paperwork, it’s sustainable.
- All of the camera and flashes use rechargeable batteries.
- My lovely wedding client packaging is mostly recycled goods, such as paper bags, and tissue paper.
- All of my favourite film cameras were all reclaimed, restored or refurbished by hand.
- The only albums I offer are eco friendly, UK made (including option of vegan friendly leather covers) and all the prints are made using naturally occurring inks instead of nasty man made chemicals.
- I prefer to use Skype / FaceTime to meet wherever possible. This way, I can get to know our couples without having to travel half way across the country for a coffee…
- Working from home which means there’s no additional lighting, heating or commuting! The downside is unrestricted access to unlimited tea and biscuits!
- From March 2016, all of my prints and frames that I supply are made in house, by myself on a professional grade pigment ink printer. This means as well as saving on carbon emissions from regular print deliveries, I also I have full control over what paper and inks I use and where it’s sourced from. I can also carefully optimise what each and every single print looks like; which of course means our your prints will look better than ever and be more friendly for the environment.